Monday, December 29, 2008

WILL THIS ONE LAST A LIFETIME,MY BIOLOGICAL CLOCK IS TICKING !!!


Sundays New York Jet game made me keenly aware that my sports biological clock is ticking.  In 48 years my teams The Mets, Jets, and Rangers have reached the promised land a grand total of 4 times, let me say it again 4 times ! Now if I was to be a Yankee,Giant, Islander fan I would have popped the champagne corks  more then 3 times that amount. To put it in prospective there have been 137 opportunities in those 3 sports for my teams to win it , yet it is the team that hadn't won a championship in 54 years that last reached the promised land for me over 14 years ago ! It's been 22 years since my last baseball championship  and a whopping 40 since my last NFL championship. Now lets say I live to the ripe old age of  96, that means I have lived half my life, and all I have to show for is it is 4 frigging championships 2 of which happened when I was 9 years old ??? Are you kidding me ?
Meanwhile some 10 year old snot in New England has 3 Superbowl wins and 2 World Series wins ?  A 30 year old in Pittsburgh has 1 World Series, 1 Superbowl and 2 Stanley Cups. Something is just not right here ! The way my teams are going and the way the Mets have crashed and burned in the last two seasons, combined with the Jets collapse has be wondering what made me chose these teams. What in my genetic DNA made me want to suffer season after season of heartache ? Which of my teams will win a championship again first ?  I guess all things considered ,I  just should be thankful I am not a Cubs,Blackhawks,Bears fan, but perhaps when all is said and done they may bring there fans more championships they my big 3, tick ,tick ,tick..... 


WATCH SPORTSTALKNY EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT FROM 9 PM TO 11 PM EST LIVE, WATCH THE ARCHIVES AT WWW.SPORTSTALKNYLIVE.COM OR DOWNLOAD AT ITUNES, KEYWORD SPORTSTALKNYPODCASTS !